Fight Fraud Taskforce
Every day citizens of Nevada and others throughout the country run the risk of being victimized by fraud one way or another; hence, there is a great need to be able to assist the community. Our mission is to provide information to the public concerning activities occurring within the State of Nevada, and improving the quality of services to consumers and making Nevada a better place to do business.
The Fight Fraud Taskforce is a coalition of government agencies which include local, state, federal entities and non profit organizations that meet on a quarterly basis to share information about current and ongoing fraudulent activities and scams that effect Nevadans. The coalition acts as an information clearinghouse for taskforce members to better educate Nevadans about how to protect themselves and their loved ones.
The taskforce is Chaired by Cris Carmona, Nevada Consumer Affairs Chief Investigator and Co-Chair Miriam Hickerson, Ombudsman of Consumer Affairs for Minorities. For information about the taskforce, please contact Cris at firstname.lastname@example.org or Miriam at email@example.com.
To name a few, the statewide Fight Fraud Taskforce is comprised of representatives from:
- Clark County Recorder's Office
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of the Inspector General
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Office of Consumer Health Assistance
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) serving Southern Nevada
- Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
- Nevada Manufactured Housing Division
- Nevada Attorney General, Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Nevada Consumer Affairs, Department of Business and Industry
- Nevada Mortgage Lending Division
- Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- Nevada Financial Institutions Division
- Nevada Secretary of State
- Public Utilites Commission of Nevada (PUCN)
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) serving Northern Nevada
- United States Postal Service